Je suis un acteur.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Back in Atlanta

I'm back home. The trip was wonderful. After visiting Choate, we got to Boston and saw Emerson and Boston U. I really liked both of them, maybe Emerson a little bit more. The facilities at Emerson are so modern it's almost like working in a professional setting. The fine arts building at BU was a little lacking (namely ceiling panels missing, etc.). The building used to be a used car dealership and was converted for classroom use. Both of them have great BFA programs for acting and musical theater. Actually, BU only has acting - but I think I still want to consider it for now.

A rather strange thing happened on the Emerson tour. We had the info session and then they broke us up into groups of two for the tours. The kid I ended up with with had introduced himself as being "from Paris" and named Jordan. My mom asked them where in Paris they lived (since we had lived there also). The woman said they live in the 16th Arrondissement. That's where we lived! In Square Lamartine! It gets stranger. Then, out of curiosity, I asked the boy where he goes to school. He said, "Ecole Active Bilingue Jeannine Manuel." That's where I went to school! So, it turns out that he knows lots of people that I was in school with along with my teachers. I asked him to say hi to them for me :-).

And tonight I saw "Miami Vice" with Avi. I was really excited about this movie. Michael Mann directed it - the one who directed Collateral which I love. And let me say, "Miami Vice" totally lived up to expectations. It was awesome.

Me in the car



The fountains at Ithaca



Dorm room at Vassar



Miami Vice

No comments: