Je suis un acteur.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

How I met David Hasselhoff

Well… It’s kind of strange. I was in a voice (singing) lesson one day and my teacher was telling me about how she grew up with David Hasselhoff and they were great friends growing up, yada yada yada.

Zoom forward a few months. I was seeing “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” on Broadway with a camp that I was at for the summer of 2005. The show was interrupted because one of the actors had a vocal issue and couldn’t sing. So, they stopped the show. The actors were all confused and then they were told to go backstage over the loudspeaker.

Then, the loudspeaker voice came on again. “Mr. Hasselhoff, is there a Mr. Hasselhoff in the house? Would you please make your way up to the stage?” David Hasselhoff was in the audience and they were asking him to spell a word while we were waiting for the understudy!!!

Of course, I was freaking out because I was like “My voice teacher KNOWS him!!!” So, after the show, everyone was crowding him and I made my way up to him. “Mr. Hasselhoff? I think you know my voice teacher, Mandy?”

“MANDY!!! I love MANDY!!!”
“Um.. yeah, she said you and her were good friends.” Of course, I’m nervous as all getout.
“Here, give her this.” He pulls out a signed headshot and writes his PHONE NUMBER on the back! I got David Hasselhoff’s phone number! He told me not to give it to anyone but Mandy and I delivered it when I got back home.

His daughter was also there and she took a picture of him with my group. It was a great night! The show was amazing and I met David Hasselhoff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, nothing really hapenning in your life so you tell a story of like 6 months ago? Haha. It's ok, I do it, too.

Look! I can comment even though I don't have a blogger! YAY! :)