Je suis un acteur.

Monday, August 28, 2006

It's me, Amos

Well, the cast list went up for "Chicago" and I wasn't too surprised. I got Amos Hart, Roxie's husband. During the whole ordeal, auditions, callbacks, I kept feeling progressively worse about scoring the lead role, Billy Flynn. When the reading callbacks came around, I only got to read for Amos and Doc had me do this kooky, cracky high voice. I didn't even get to read for Billy. After callbacks I was fairly certain I wasn't going to get it... I have a whole theory about why all this happened and it leads back to one event but I'm not going to go into that now. If you want to hear about it, contact me in person.

Anyhoo, I am disappointed but also looking forward to it. Having a smaller role may be a blessing. A) It's a fun role (not gonna lie). B) I'll have more time for fencing. C) I'll be able to concentrate more on school and applications for college, along with college audition preparation. So, we're going to the "meet the directors" night this evening. Something that made me feel a little better about it was BBT asked me if I was ok when I came in for music theory. I told her yeah, I'm disappointed, but I'm going to have fun. That's what it's all about.

I never got a role that I wanted in a musical at Pace, but I've had some fun. Now I need to go read "Arcadia".

Oh, also, I just found out that John C. Reilly got nominated for an Oscar when he played Amos in the "Chicago" movie in 2002. Maybe I'll do even better than him ;-).

No comments: